Lyney DPS Build
Lyney is a 5-Star Character in Genshin Impact, that deals strong Pyro damage with his Charged Attacks! He is using a Bow as his weapon and relies on his Charged Attacks to deal massive AOE Damage. He can also summon a cat that taunts enemies and deals additional Pyro damage! This Genshin Impact Lyney Build Guide is focusing on the role of DPS!
Table of Contents
Weapon for Lyney DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Lyney relies on his Charged Attacks to deal massive Pyro AOE damage. To boost his DPS we should improve his ATK Stat and his Crit Rate/Damage! The First Great Magic is the best Weapon for Lyney, since it boosts Charged Attack Damage and provides other Buffs as well!
Other great weapons you can use include:
Artifacts for Lyney DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Artifacts that boost Charged Attack Damage are the best fit for this Build! The Marechaussee Hunter is the best set for him, since it boosts Charged Attack damage and Crit Rate when HP increases or decreases. The Wanderer’s Troupe is a great alternative set. You can also combine them with Crimson Witch of Flames to boost both his Charged Attack Damage and Pyro Damage!
Our desired Stats for Artifacts are:
- CRIT Rate/DMG
- Pyro DMG
Skills for Lyney DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Lyney’s Normal attack is called Card Force Translocation and its effects are:
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 4 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack: Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming flames will run across the arrowhead before being fired. Different effects will occur based on the time spent charging.
- Charge Level 1: Fires off a Pyro-infused arrow, dealing Pyro DMG.
- Charge Level 2: Fires off a Prop Arrow that deals Pyro DMG, and upon hit, it will summon a Grin-Malkin Hat. When firing the Prop Arrow, and when Lyney has more than 60% HP, he will consume a portion of his HP to obtain 1 Prop Surplus stack. Max 5 stacks. The effect will be removed after the character spends 30s out of combat. The lowest Lyney can drop to through this method is 60% of his Max HP.
- Plunging Attack: Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
The Grin-Malkin Hat can taunt nearby opponents and attract their attacks. Each opponent can only be taunted by the Hat once every 5s. The Hat’s endurance is a percentage of Lyney’s Max HP. If destroyed, or if its duration expires, it will fire off a Pyrotechnic Strike at 1 nearby opponent, dealing Pyro DMG. Only 1 Hat can exist at any given time.
His Elemental Skill is called Bewildering Lights: Lyney does a flourish with his hat, unleashing a firework surprise! When used, he will clear all current Prop Surplus stacks and deal AOE Pyro DMG to opponents in front of him. DMG will be increased according to the stacks cleared, and this will also regenerate Lyney’s HP based on his Max HP. When a Grin-Malkin Hat created by Lyney is on the field, the fireworks will cause it to explode, dealing AOE Pyro DMG equal to that of a Pyrotechnic Strike. The DMG dealt through the Grin-Malkin Hat in this way is considered Charged Attack DMG.
His Elemental Burst is called Wondrous Trick: Miracle Parade. Unleashing his magic, Lyney turns himself into a Grin-Malkin Cat that can move around quickly. When the Grin-Malkin Cat gets close to opponents, it will send flames falling down on them, dealing at most 1 instance of Pyro DMG to each opponent. When the duration ends, he will dismiss the Grin-Malkin Cat and ignite fireworks that deal AOE Pyro DMG, summon 1 Grin-Malkin Hat, and grant himself 1 Prop Surplus stack. Grin-Malkin Cat can be actively canceled.
Arkhe: Pneuma. At certain intervals, the Prop Arrow will cause a Spiritbreath Thorn to descend upon its hit location, dealing Pneuma-aligned Pyro DMG.
Best Party Members for Lyney DPS Build in Genshin Impact
You can combine Lyney with several other characters to trigger Elemental Reactions or boost his Pyro Damage! Xiangling and Bennet are some great characters you can use with him. Sucrose and Zhongli can offer additional support.