Nilou Sub DPS Build
Nilou is a 5-Star character in Genshin Impact that can deal strong Hydro based damage and support the group with Elemental Reactions. Nilou deals Hydro damage with her skills and can assist with DPS. Her Hydro damage scales with her Max HP stat. This Genshin Impact Nilou Build Guide is focusing on the role of Sub DPS!
Table of Contents
Weapon for Nilou Sub DPS Build in Genshin Impact
To maximize Nilou’s efficiency you should increase her Max HP Stat! Because of this the best Weapon for her is the Key of Khaj-Nisut Sword! A weapon that increases HP and Elemental Mastery based on HP.
Good alternative weapons include:
Artifacts for Nilou Sub DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Tenacity of the Millelith and Vourukasha’s Glow are excellent Sets for Nilou that can boost her HP with their 2-piece bonus. You can combine them together or with the Heart of Depth or Noblesse Oblige Sets.
Our desired Stats for Artifacts are:
- Energy Recharge
- Hydro DMG
Skills for Nilou Sub DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Nilou’s Normal attack is called Dance of Samser and its effects are:
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 3 consecutive sword strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to perform a twirling slash.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging opponents along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
Her Elemental Skill, Dance of Haftkarsvar, puts Nilou into the Pirouette state, dealing Hydro DMG to nearby opponents based on her Max HP. While she is in the Pirouette state, her Normal Attacks and Elemental Attacks will cause her to enter the Sword Dance and Whirling Steps stances respectively, causing DMG she deals to be converted to Hydro DMG that cannot be overridden and that is considered Elemental Skill DMG. In these stances, Nilou’s third dance step will end Pirouette, and has the following effects:
- Sword Dance: unleashes a Luminous Illusion that deals Hydro DMG to opponents it touches and grants Nilou the Lunar Prayer effect. This effect converts Nilou’s Normal Attacks into Sword Dance techniques, and her final hit will unleash a Luminous Illusion.
- Whirling Steps: Nilou unleashes a Whirling Water Wheel that deals AOE Hydro DMG and creates a Tranquility Aura that follows your active character around and applies Wet to opponents within its AOE.
Nilou is unable to perform Charged Attacks when under the effect of Pirouette or Lunar Prayer. These effects will be removed once she leaves the field.
Her Elemental Burst, Dance of Abzendegi: Distant Dreams, Listening Spring, begins the dance of faraway dreams and springs that hear, causing a Lotus of Distant Waters to bloom, dealing AOE Hydro DMG based on Nilou’s Max HP and applying the Lingering Aeon effect to all opponents hit. After an interval, opponents affected by Lingering Aeon will take Hydro DMG.
Best Party Members for Nilou Sub DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Nilou is a great Sub DPS to have when you want to deal strong Hydro damage or trying to trigger Hydro based Elemental Reactions. You can combineher with Cryo characters to freeze enemies, Electro character to boost your Damage and Dendro characters for Bloom reaction.