Hu Tao Build
Hu Tao is a powerful 5-Star, Polearm-wielding character. A strong DPS character that relies on her Pyro element to deal massive burst damage to enemies and clear content! Hu Tao is a great character to use as your party’s main DPS that can also trigger elemental reactions for extra damage. This Hu Tao DPS Build is focusing on her Pyro Burst Damage and reactions with other elements!
Table of Contents
Weapon for Hu Tao DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Hu Tao is a polearm user and the best weapon for her is the Staff of Homa. An excellent Polearm that boosts her Maximum HP but also the ATK bonus based on it.
Good alternative weapons include:
Artifacts for Hu Tao DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Since we are focusing on Hu Tao’s powerful Pyro Damage, the Crimson Witch of Flames Set is the best option for the Build! A Set that boosts Pyro Damage, as well as damage from Elemental Reactions! You can combine this Set with the Gladiator’s Finale for a Pyro and ATK Boost or the Tenacity of the Millelith to boost further your HP stat.
Our desired Stats for Artifacts are:
- Elemental Mastery
- Pyro DMG
- CRIT Rate/DMG
Skills for Hu Tao DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Hu Tao’s normal attack is called Secret Spear of Wangsheng and its effects are:
- Normal Attack: Performs up to 6 consecutive spear strikes.
- Charged Attack: Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to lunge forward, dealing damage to enemies along the way.
- Plunging Attack: Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AOE DMG upon impact.
Her Elemental Skill is called Guide to Afterlife. Hu Tao consumes a portion of her HP to knock the surrounding enemies back and enter the Paramita Papilio state. This state:
- Increases Hu Tao’s ATK based on her Max HP at the time of entering this state. ATK Bonus gained this way cannot exceed 400% of Hu Tao’s Base ATK.
- Converts attack DMG to Pyro DMG, which cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion.
- Charged attacks apply the Blood Blossom effect to the enemies hit.
- Increases Hu Tao’s resistance to interruption.
Enemies affected by Blood Blossom will take Pyro DMG every 4s. This DMG is considered Elemental Skill DMG. Each enemy can be affected by only one Blood Blossom effect at a time, and its duration may only be refreshed by Hu Tao herself. Paramita Papilio ends when its duration is over, or Hu Tao has left the battlefield or fallen.
Her Elemental Burst is called Spirit Soother, which commands a blazing spirit to attack, dealing Pyro DMG in a large AoE. Upon striking the enemy, regenerates a percentage of Hu Tao’s Max HP. This effect can be triggered up to 5 times, based on the number of enemies hit. If Hu Tao’s HP is below or equal to 50% when the enemy is hit, both the DMG and HP Regeneration are increased.
Best Party Members for Hu Tao DPS Build in Genshin Impact
Hu Tao is a great DPS character that can deal massive damage and trigger reactions. Combining her with Xingqiu will trigger vaporize often and deal massive damage to enemies. Zhongli is another great Support character you can use along with Hu Tao thanks to his shields!