Genshin Impact Zhongli Changes
Zhongli’s implementation to Genshin Impact with the 1.1 Update was not as successful as expected. This anticipated Geo, Polearm user proved to be not as powerful as players expected him to be and that caused quite the ruckus.
The main problem with Zhongli is that is not a great or even good DPS character to build a team around him and his support capabilities are rather lackluster. The Genshin Impact team quickly responded to the massive feedback from players regarding the issue, explaining their vision for the character and promising further monitoring.
Now, they have also announced some proposed adjustments to Zhongli that will be available for testing with the 1.3 beta test. These adjustments aim to make zhongli a better overall character, worth having in your main group but they are not final.
A new update on zhongli’s final changes will be made at a later date. For now these are the proposed changes:
Dominance of Earth, Passive Talent Changes
- The Damage dealt by Normal, Charged, Plunging Attacks will be increased by 1.39% of Max HP
- Damage from Stone Stele, Resonance, Holding Mode of Dominus Lapidis will be increased by 1.9% of Max HP
- Damage from Planet Befall’s will be increased by 33% of Max HP
Overall we see the effect of this passive to be affecting now more attacks, instead of only increasing Planet Befall’s Damage by 33% of Max HP.
Dominus Lapidis Holding Mode Changes
Causes nearby Geo energy to explode causing the following effects:
- If the maximum number of Stone Steles has not yet been reached, it will create a Stone Stele.
- Creates a shield of jade. The shield’s damage Absorption scales based on Max HP, has 150% Physical damage and Elemental damage Absorption, instead of offering 250% Geo damage absorption only.
- Deals AOE Geo damage.
- If there are nearby targets with the Geo element, it will drain a large amount of the Geo element from a maximum of 2 such targets. This effect does not cause damage
Geo Elemental Mechanics Changes
Changes are also coming to specific Geo Elemental mechanics in order to make this element more appealing and useful. These include:
Geo Resonance Enduring Rock Changes
Increases shield strength by 15%. Additionally, characters protected by a shield will have the following special characteristics:
- Damage dealt increased by 15%
- Dealing damage to enemies will decrease their Geo RES by 20% for 15s
The original effect was offering increased resistance to interruption and was increasing Attack Damage by 15% when a character was protected by a shield.
Geo Shield Balance Changes
Geo Shields are adjusted from “having 250% Geo damage Absorption” to “having 150% Physical damage and Elemental damage Absorption”.
Affected effects include:
• The Geo Shield created by Zhongli’s Elemental Skill
• The Geo Shield created by Noelle’s Elemental Skill
• The Geo Shield created when picking up Geo Crystals dropped by Geovishap Hatchlings
The upcoming changes will try to make Zhongli but also the Geo element as a whole much better and hopefully worth having in a group more. The changes will come with the 1.3 update beta test.